split screen on startup

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Aug 5 14:12:53 CEST 2004

Dear Martin,

I did update my XEmacs configuration file and the associated document some
time ago so that the *scratch* buffer isn't put in S-mode by default.

My materials are badly out-of-date, however, and don't work well with recent
releases of ESS. I coincidentally started revising these materials yesterday
and hope to have new versions relatively soon.

Regards,
 John