Cannot find sqpe+6 in Xemacs

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Fri Apr 2 18:25:43 CEST 2004

Sundar Dorai-Raj <sundar.dorai-raj at PDF.COM> writes:

> Richard M. Heiberger wrote:
>> The most likely cause of the problem is that you installed S-Plus 6.2 somewhere
>> else than what you told ESS.
>> Verify that you have the correct pathnames in the three places where
>> the
>> path to various pieces of S-Plus are located.
>> If changing the path doesn't repair the problem, pick up the exact
>> message from the PC
>> and send that to us.
>> Rich
>
> Rich,
>    Thanks for replying. I am sure S-PLUS is where I've told the
>    init.el file and S-PLUS is in my path. However, the problem
>    persists. In Xemacs, I will type M-x to enter the minibuffer, then
>    "sqpe" (no quotes), then [TAB] to get the *Completions* buffer. I
>    will get a message in the minibuffer saying "[No match]". This
>    implies to me that "Sqpe" is no where to be found in the load table.
>
> As I have noted before, I am using Xemacs 21.4 (patch 11) with S-PLUS
> 6.2 and ESS 5.1.21 (downloaded yesterday from within Xemacs). I also
> have no problem starting R with ESS. Could there be a problem with the
> download. I seem to recall a "maybe" on the ESS installation webpage.

Others have made it work, so I suspect location specification problem.

The "maybe" is because it's an older version -- I'm rolling up pre5
today, and will finally (after a few years) commit to the XEmacs tree
as well.

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}