Cannot find sqpe+6 in Xemacs

Sundar Dorai-Raj sundar.dorai-raj at PDF.COM
Fri Apr 2 18:13:19 CEST 2004

Richard M. Heiberger wrote:
> The most likely cause of the problem is that you installed S-Plus 6.2 somewhere
> else than what you told ESS.
>
> Verify that you have the correct pathnames in the three places where the
> path to various pieces of S-Plus are located.
>
> If changing the path doesn't repair the problem, pick up the exact message from the PC
> and send that to us.
>
> Rich

Rich,
   Thanks for replying. I am sure S-PLUS is where I've told the init.el
file and S-PLUS is in my path. However, the problem persists. In Xemacs,
I will type M-x to enter the minibuffer, then "sqpe" (no quotes), then
[TAB] to get the *Completions* buffer. I will get a message in the
minibuffer saying "[No match]". This implies to me that "Sqpe" is no
where to be found in the load table.

As I have noted before, I am using Xemacs 21.4 (patch 11) with S-PLUS
6.2 and ESS 5.1.21 (downloaded yesterday from within Xemacs). I also
have no problem starting R with ESS. Could there be a problem with the
download. I seem to recall a "maybe" on the ESS installation webpage.

Thanks,

--sundar