Setting dump file name

Wiener, Matthew matthew_wiener at merck.com
Thu Sep 25 02:42:20 CEST 2003

Hi, all.

I am trying to remove my user name from the beginning of my dump files.  I
save them in project-specific directories that no-one else is using, so
there's no risk of confusion, and it will help in putting them into a
version control system so other people can in fact work on them.

I have tried putting the following into my .emacs file:
(setq ess-dump-filename-template "%s.S")

But it doesn't seem to help.  Changing, for example, the dump directory in
the same .emacs file does change the directory to which files are dumped.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

Just in case, here's my full .emacs file:

(load "~/ess/ess-5.1.21/lisp/ess-site")
(setq-default inferior-R-program-name "/usr/local/bin/R")
(setq ess-source-directory
      (lambda ()
	(concat ess-directory "R-source/")))

(setq ess-dump-filename-template \"%s.S\")

;; make auto-fill standard for text buffers
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook
	  '(lambda () (auto-fill-mode 1)))

Matthew Wiener
RY84-202
Applied Computer Science & Mathematics Dept.
Merck Research Labs
126 E. Lincoln Ave.
Rahway, NJ 07065
732-594-5303