[Fwd: C-c C-c kills S-PLUS]

Sundar Dorai-Raj sundar.dorai-raj at pdf.com
Mon Oct 27 21:55:19 CET 2003

A while ago, I posted the message at the end of this message to the ESS
list. I thought it had something to do with my ESS and/or Emacs
installation. But after some recent investigation, I discovered
something even more weird. It turns out that this problem occurs only
after the "winjava" library is attached. E.g.

 > for(i in 1:100000) x <- rnorm(10) # C-g C-c C-c
for(i in 1:100000) x <- rnorm(10)
Interrupt
 > library(winjava)
 > for(i in 1:100000) x <- rnorm(10) # C-g C-c C-c
for(i in 1:100000) x <- rnorm(10)

Process S+6 exited abnormally with code 130 at Mon Oct 27 14:42:59 2003

Can anybody replicate this? I'm using Emacs 21.2.1 with ESS 5.1.24 and
S-PLUS 6.1 on Windows 2000.

This would be rather inconvenient if winjava causes this problem because
I use it to access java.graph. Since graphsheet is unavailable in sqpe+6
I use java.graph to get quick plots. Once I'm satisfied with a plot I'll
use wmf.graph save a final version.

Thanks,
Sundar