problems using SAS mode

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri Nov 21 16:19:20 CET 2003

> On Friday 21 November 2003 07:15, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
> I've had the exact same problem previously. Discussion and solution by Rodney
> Sparapani in the mailing list archives august 2003 with the header "SAS
> function keys".
>
> The answer: you need to set the variables before ess is loaded. So
> (setq ess-sas-global-unix-keys t)
> (load "ess-site")
> works, but if you interchange the two lines, it doesn't! Please check and
> confirm. Then I'll add it to the FAQ (and perhaps it needs to be mentioned in
> the manual)
>
> --
> Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistent
> Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen

There have been a few minor changes to the code and the documentation.
However, the code is substantially the same, but the documentation
gives a different solution.  One of the problems is that README.SAS is
no longer maintained, please use the info docs.  Here is a paraphrased
snippet that should work in this instance:

  b. If your site installation has configured the keys contrary to your
     liking, then you must call the appropriate function.
           (load "ess-site")
           (ess-sas-local-unix-keys)

I just released 5.2.0beta2 which has both the upgraded code and docs.
The usual beta disclaimer applies.  However, the same solution might
work in 5.1.24.
--
Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research