Old nag: where are RPMs?

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Thu Mar 27 23:36:25 CET 2003

Chris Gale <kiwidoc at pl.net> writes:

> There is a flaw in xemacs: the ftp client (as installed from the distro
> does not allow anonymous ftp. You find that you can't update, or
> download.

That isn't an XEmacs flaw, that is your distribution's flaw.  I have
no problems with XEmacs in other settings (Microsoft Windows, MacOSX,
or Debian Linux).

> I'm going to have to do it the other way and re-learn how to play with
> .el files... Job for the weekend. I'll also tyr atp-rpm and see it that
> works ;-)

Good luck...

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini at u.washington.edu
FHCRC/SCHARP/HIV Vaccine Trials Net	rossini at scharp.org
-------------- http://software.biostat.washington.edu/ --------------------
FHCRC:Tu: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email
UW:   Th: 206-543-1044 (fax=3286)|Change last 4 digits of phone to FAX
(CHANGE: monday/wednesday/friday locations are completely unpredictable.)