submitting a region hangs emacs

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Thu Mar 27 15:25:18 CET 2003

Sundar Dorai-Raj <sundar.dorai-raj at pdf.com> writes:

> Aha! I figured it out. I should have been more forthcoming but as I've
> done in the past I left out a bit of information I thought was not
> useful. I had a .First with the following:
>
> .First <- function() {
>    library(sundar) # personal stuff
>    options(prompt = "sym> ", continue = "sym+ ")
> }

> including the last line causes S-PLUS to hang. Deleting this line
> fixed the problem.
>
> Same thing in R. In my Rprofile I have
>
> options(prompt = "R> ", continue = " $ ")
>
> Deleting this line fixed the problem.
>
> Still, strange...

Not at all.  We rely on the syntax of the prompt to do the right
thing.

More importantly, you CAN change the prompt symbols in ESS, see for
example essd-s+6.el for a place to edit, for example.  That would
solve the problem.

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini at u.washington.edu
FHCRC/SCHARP/HIV Vaccine Trials Net	rossini at scharp.org
-------------- http://software.biostat.washington.edu/ --------------------
FHCRC:Tu: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email
UW:   Th: 206-543-1044 (fax=3286)|Change last 4 digits of phone to FAX
(CHANGE: monday/wednesday/friday locations are completely unpredictable.)