submitting a region hangs emacs

Sundar Dorai-Raj sundar.dorai-raj at pdf.com
Thu Mar 27 06:53:45 CET 2003

Aha! I figured it out. I should have been more forthcoming but as I've
done in the past I left out a bit of information I thought was not
useful. I had a .First with the following:

.First <- function() {
   library(sundar) # personal stuff
   options(prompt = "sym> ", continue = "sym+ ")
}

including the last line causes S-PLUS to hang. Deleting this line fixed
the problem.

Same thing in R. In my Rprofile I have

options(prompt = "R> ", continue = " $ ")

Deleting this line fixed the problem.

Still, strange...

Thanks,
Sundar