ESS on Panther

Kieran Healy kjhealy at arizona.edu
Tue Dec 16 00:40:28 CET 2003

On 12/16/03 8:25 AM, "John Maindonald" <john.maindonald at anu.edu.au> wrote:

> You create a file ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist which has an dictionary
> of environment variables in it, then you must log in again for it to
> take effect. Then Emacs will see those environment variables. In this
> manner you could make Emacs.app see, for example, a different PATH
> variable.
> "

I created this file (it's an XML file) but it doesn't seem to help with the
ESS issue, unfortunately. I will see if I can compile my own Emacs and use
the beta version of ESS that Rodney suggested.

Thanks for the help on this,

Kieran

--
Kieran Healy, http://www.u.arizona.edu/~kjhealy
Assistant Professor, Sociology Dept, University of Arizona.