Problem on Xemacs

Suchandra Thapa s-thapa-11 at alumni.uchicago.edu
Sun Dec 7 17:35:26 CET 2003

I'm using the Xemacs 21.4.14 on a Fedora Core 1 system.  When I load the
ess 5.1.20beta2 code or the 5.1.24 code, I get the following error:

Fontifying region...(wrong-argument-type markerp nil)

This only occurs when input is occurring in the bar at the bottom.  It
can be reliable reproduced by typing C-x C-f and then typing a letter
and it occurs on each keystroke.

The error does not occur if I prevent the ess code from loading.
However, other than this ess seems to work without problems.  Is there
anything I can do to stop this error from occurring while using ess?
Although the error doesn't affect functionality it is annoying since it
slows down input in that region.

--
Suchandra Thapa <s-thapa-11 at alumni.uchicago.edu>