accessing other servers

Kasper Daniel Hansen kaha at pubhealth.ku.dk
Mon Aug 18 11:40:10 CEST 2003

Hi

At my department we have various servers dedicated to computing. I want
to setup ESS so that whenever I use eg. SAS (but also R) I run it on a
different server than the one I'm using Emacs on. My first thought
(which is probably not the smartest) is to redifine the sas command to
something like "ssh server sas" (or whatever the syntax specifically
is).

There must be other people who have attacked this problem. What is the
canonical approach (using Linux btw. and accessing a combination of
Linux and Solaris servers).

/Kasper Daniel Hansen