SAS function keys

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Aug 12 16:21:05 CEST 2003

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to get the function keys to work in ESS(SAS) mode. Im using KDE
> under Redhat 8 and using ssh to login remoteky to the server running SAS. On
> that server I start an emacs.
>
> In the ess-site.el file everything is commented (as it was originally). In my
> ~/.emacs file I have used
>
> ;; ESS
> (load "~sfesys/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-site")
> (setq ess-sas-global-unix-keys t)
> (setq ess-sas-submit-command "sas82")
>
> ( On our system we have two sas commands availble "sas" (sas v612) and "sas82"
> (sas v82). )
>
> The function keys do not work and when using ess-sas-submit / ess-sas-goto-log
> I see that ESS have used the "sas" command, instead of the "sas82" command.
> It seems that the definitions in my .emacs file are ignored. Any suggestions?
>
> --
> Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistant
> Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen
> Email: k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk, Office: 22.3.40
> Phone: +45 35 32 79 20, Fax: +45 35 32 79 07

Kasper:

What you have shown us appears to be correct, but I think I may see the
problem.  How are you editing the files on the remote server,
ange-ftp/EFS/tramp?  I suggest that you give us a few more details as
well like which version of ESS and emacs that you are using.  I think
this situation has been handled in the latest CVS, but I'd like to
hear more details before recommending that.
--
Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research