starting inferior Splus process iESS[S]

Steve McKinney smckinney at insightful.com
Thu Apr 17 19:16:45 CEST 2003

I will be happy to summarize to the ESS FAQ.

The new features in ESS are great, such as
S-PLUS functions listed in the Imenu-S menu,
and the ability to source single functions
in a script in an ESS[S] S+6 buffer.

I will work up installation notes as I do a second
install of Emacs 21.2/ESS 5.1.24 on my laptop.
No doubt some of the steps I took on my PC were
unnecessary and don't need to be in the FAQ.

Thanks again for all the help afforded by list members.

Steven McKinney
Consulting Services
Insightful Corporation

smckinney at insightful.com

tel: (800) 569-0123 x349
tel: (206) 283-8802 x349
fax: (206) 283-8691

Insightful Corporation
1700 Westlake Avenue North, Suite 500
Seattle, Washington 98109-3044 USA

Insightful Corporation (www.insightful.com)
provides analytical solutions leveraging
S-PLUS, StatServer, S-PLUS Analytic Server,
Insightful Miner, and consulting services.