ESS and remote interactive SAS

Rich Heiberger rmh at surfer.sbm.temple.edu
Wed Dec 18 23:20:14 CET 2002

I will need details on what you actually did.  Please run

    M-x ess-submit-bug-report
and follow the instructions.  It generates lots of internal ESS informtion
and asks you for details as to what you saw.  Please provide excessive detail.

I am specifically unsure about the *ssh-wrds* window.  I assume that means
you are using ssh, rather than the telnet that I designed M-x SAS to work
with.  Is wrds the name of your remote computer?

ess-sas-sh-command might need adjusting.  Take a look at the cautions in file
ess-sas-sh-command might need adjusting.  Take a look at the "frequently seen
problems" section of ess/doc/README.SAS.  Do these deal with your situation?

Why do you think the "procedure does not run ess-sas-sh-command"?

Rich