[Bioc-sig-seq] Question about sbanBam() with AB SOLID data

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Nov 11 23:09:20 CET 2010

What aligner are you using that returns the sequences in color space? The SAM format specifies that:

"Color alignments are stored as normal nucleotide alignments with additional tags describing the raw color sequences, ..."

So in general I wouldn't expect the seq to be color space, but nucleotide space. Depending on the aligner, you may get a CS:Z: tag of color space sequence, but I don't believe scanBam will parse that.

Best,

Jim
--

James W. MacDonald, M.S.