[Bioc-sig-seq] locally aligned reads

Hans-Ulrich Klein h.klein at uni-muenster.de
Fri Feb 12 11:38:29 CET 2010

Dear All,

I am working with reads that have local alignments. That means, that the
reads only partially align to the reference. A read may also have two or
more subsequences that align to different positions. The BioC class
AlignedRead is not suitable in this situation. Also the Rsamtools
package does not support reads that have e.g. "D", "I" or "S" within
their cigar strings.

I would like to know whether someone has already implemented or intends
to add some functionality for local alignments.

Best wishes,
Hans-Ulrich

--
Hans-Ulrich Klein
Department of Medical Informatics and Biomathematics