[R-sig-ME] confint.merMod, bootstrap and weights

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 20:31:20 CET 2016

   The simulation function (sfun()) that's at the core of the parametric
bootstrap algorithm is ignoring your specified prior weights.  Poisson
models with weights are somewhat unusual; what are the weights in your
model supposed to signify?  If you were simulating the data, how would
you incorporate the weights in the simulation procedure?

   Ben Bolker