[R-sig-ME] lme4 for Win_10

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 18:49:48 CET 2016

   I'm forwarding this to r-sig-mixed-models as I think it might be of
general interest.

   There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the lme4 directory on
CRAN <https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/lme4/index.html>; my best
guess is that your problem has something to do with the recent release
of 3.2.3 and some kind of delay in the CRAN/mirror-updating pipeline.
(As far as I know there should be no differences between Windows 7 and
10 in this respect.)  I would try again with a different mirror,
possibly even with the main CRAN site (cran.r-project.org).

    Looking at the CRAN page cited above, version 1.1-10 is available
for all operating systems/versions of R (except R version 3.1.x on MacOS
Snow Leopard, which is still back at 1.1-7). Installing from source can
be helpful in edge cases (it does require compilation tools).

   Ben Bolker