[R-sig-ME] help on choosin right model for data

Josipa Perković josipa at iptpo.hr
Fri Aug 22 12:25:34 CEST 2014

I would appreciate if you could help me choose different R packages and
writing model to analyze

what I believe to be unequally spaced repeated measurement data.

My data consists of data on PAR (photosinthetically active radiation)
-average and maximum daily PAR, collected successively every 10 min with
data loggers.

Sensors were positioned above different mulches (sub factor in three levels)
with differently fertilized plant canopy (main factor in 4 levels), so there
are two different factors influencing AVG and MAX PAR.

Also since sensors weren't positioned in repetitions I divided data in every
10 min, 15 min and 25 min sequence for AVG and MAX for each sensor.

So the experiment is two-factorial (fertilizers (4) and mulch (3) ) but has
time dimension too.

More like a split-split plot.

What kind of package should I choose, longitudinal? And how to write a model
?

I'm so very sorry for my poor knowledge on statistics, I'm not a
statistician.

I' would be very grateful if you could guide me to the write way to handle
my data and to write a model.

Sincerely,

Josipa Perkoviæ

Dipl.ing.agr

Science novice

Institute for Agriculture and Tourism, Porec

Croatia

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]