[R-sig-ME] about version of lme4 and R

Tetsuya Michinaka zhangyf at affrc.go.jp
Fri Aug 30 04:56:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am reading "lme4: Mixed-effects modeling with R", June 25, 2010, by
Douglas M. Bates.
I tried some commands in R, but I failed. How can I use those commands
in the above book?
For example, when I tried <pr01 <- profile(fm01ML)>, I got:
Error in UseMethod("profile") :
   no applicable method for 'profile' applied to an object of class "mer"

When I tried <fm01ML at re@Lambda>, I got:
Error: no slot of name "re" for this object of class "mer"

I will appreciate it very much if I can try these commands in my
computer. By the way, I used the version of R as:
R version 2.15.2 and R version 3.0.1.

Tetsuya