[R-sig-ME] Error en mer_finalize(ans) : Downdated X'X is not positive definite, 1. What is wrong with my model?

PALACIO BLASCO, SARA s.palacio at ipe.csic.es
Wed Mar 6 16:43:39 CET 2013

Hi Emmanuel,

Yes, I have the same problem when using treatment + Bud_type.

And yes, I produced a contingency table for each species...

My conclusion is that glmer can not handle designs with nested fixed
factors since it is not suitable to work with rank deficient designs.
This might be the downside of using cutting-edge models!

Thanks a lot for your help,

Best wishes,

Sara