[R-sig-ME] glmmADMB troubles

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Thu Feb 28 02:32:04 CET 2013

It seems it's one thing after another.  Ben suggested glmmADMB for
poisson--actually for truncated poisson, but for now I'm just trying to
get anything going.  Some of my count variables have 1, not 0 as a
minimum, and some have a maximum too, e.g., all values >10 are reported
as 10.

I was able to install it from r-forge, with a warning that it was build
for 2.15.3.  But ...

> r <- glmmadmb(sexActs~(1|id), sexpartner)
Error in II[, ii] = II[, ii] + REmat$codes[[i]] :
   number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In glmmadmb(sexActs ~ (1 | id), sexpartner) :
   NAs removed in constructing fixed-effect model frame: you should probably remove them manually, e.g. with na.omit()
2: In II[, ii] + REmat$codes[[i]] :
   longer object length is not a multiple of shorter object length

Figuring that its missing value handling might be off, I tried removing the missing values:
> r <- glmmadmb(sexActs~(1|id), sexpartner[!is.na(sexpartner$sexActs),])
Error in system(cmd, intern = intern, wait = wait | intern, show.output.on.console = wait,  :
   'C:/Program' not found
> traceback()
4: system(cmd, intern = intern, wait = wait | intern, show.output.on.console = wait,
        ...)
3: shell(cmd, invisible = TRUE, intern = !verbose)
2: run_bin(platform, bin_loc, file_name, cmdoptions, run, rm_binary = !use_tmp_dir,
        debug = debug, verbose = verbose)
1: glmmadmb(sexActs ~ (1 | id), sexpartner[!is.na(sexpartner$sexActs),
        ])

So that may have worked except for some problem with spaces in path names.