[R-sig-ME] Ordered Probit/Logit with random coefficients

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 00:18:18 CET 2013

Hi Andreas,

I agree with David---you may have best results with a Bayesian
approach, such as in
MCMCglmm.  The package author, Jarrod Hadfield, has a great set of
course note available online:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/MCMCglmm/vignettes/CourseNotes.pdf

You may also find this package or at least some of the examples useful:

https://github.com/JWiley/postMCMCglmm

I wrote it specifically after doing a bunch of work with ordinal
models in MCMCglmm.  If you install it, you can run:

demo("randomMCMCglmm", package="postMCMCglmm")

to see an example of a three level ordered outcome with a random
intercept.  The (not run) examples in

?predict2.MCMCglmm

may also be useful to you.

If you do not want to install the package, you can get the compiled
PDF of the manual here:
https://github.com/JWiley/postMCMCglmm/blob/master/inst/doc/postMCMCglmm-manual.pdf
with the examples I mentioned, and the demonstrations in the "demo"
folder: https://github.com/JWiley/postMCMCglmm/tree/master/demo

More examples and a vignette should be coming at some point.

Cheers,

Josh