[R-sig-ME] HPDinterval conflict between lme4 and coda

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 17:45:11 CET 2008

HPDinterval has a conflict between lme4 and coda.  I can
work around it by loading lme4 second or using lme4::HPDinterval
but thought I would mention this just in case:

> library(lme4)

Attaching package: 'Matrix'

        The following object(s) are masked from package:stats :

         xtabs

        The following object(s) are masked from package:base :

         colMeans,
         colSums,
         rcond,
         rowMeans,
         rowSums

> library(coda)

Attaching package: 'coda'

        The following object(s) are masked from package:lme4 :

         HPDinterval

> example(mcmcsamp)
... output deleted ...

> HPDinterval(samp0)
Error in UseMethod("HPDinterval") :
  no applicable method for "HPDinterval"
> lme4::HPDinterval(samp0)
$fixef
                 lower     upper
(Intercept) 241.502786 261.52128
Days          7.082658  14.23481
attr(,"Probability")
[1] 0.95

$ST
         lower     upper
[1,] 0.2795465 0.8468348
[2,] 0.1431433 0.3713343
attr(,"Probability")
[1] 0.95

$sigma
        lower    upper
[1,] 23.61387 30.01333
attr(,"Probability")
[1] 0.95

> R.version.string
[1] "R version 2.8.0 Patched (2008-11-10 r46884)"
> packageDescription("lme4")$Version
[1] "0.999375-27"
> packageDescription("coda")$Version
[1] "0.13-3"