[R-sig-ME] using glmer with user-defined link function

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Tue Oct 21 20:57:34 CEST 2008

  I tried to deal with this at one point to put in a negative
binomial model.  I, too, was hopeful that just
adding the name of my link function to the list
of allowed names would be all that was
needed. Unfortunately, the variance functions are
hard coded within the glmer code, so it will not be completely
trivial to do this ...

   Ben