[R-sig-ME] Wald F tests

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Fri Oct 3 22:37:45 CEST 2008

 [forwarding to R-sig-mixed, where it is likely to get more

Mark Fowler wrote:

Hello,
	Might anyone know how to conduct Wald-type F-tests of the fixed
effects estimated by glmmPQL? I see this implemented in SAS (GLIMMIX),
and have seen it recommended in user group discussions, but haven't come
across any code to accomplish it. I understand the anova function treats
a glmmPQL fit as an lme fit, with the test assumptions based on maximum
likelihood, which is inappropriate for PQL. I'm using S-Plus 7. I also
have R 2.7 and S-Plus 8 if necessary.