[R-SIG-Finance] IBrokers: placing a combo order

censix censix0 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 10:42:03 CEST 2015

Hi Robert

I believe that the current IBrokers package implementation may not be well
suited for the use of ComboOrders.  I am saying this because when I was
implementing an update to some functions in the IBrokers package  a couple
of month ago because there had been changes IB had made to API messaging on
their side.

https://github.com/censix/INTRADAY-PartAB/blob/master/INTRADAY-PartA/__IBapi-clientVer63-v002.r

While doing this I ignored everything that had to do with Combo orders,
because I do not use them AND the current IBrokers package does, to my
knowledge NOT handle them correctly....

So at least from my side there is no easy answer to your question and it
may be very likely that you will not get this to work.

But then again, someone else may have fixed this ...

regards

Soren