[R-SIG-Finance] RBlpapi

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 00:22:05 CEST 2015

IANAL and all that, but...

My usual advice, if you happen to have two machines called W and L...

1) download socat.

2) run this as a batch file on machine "W":
start c:\blp\API\bbcomm.exe
socat TCP4-LISTEN:18194,fork TCP4:localhost:8194

3) connect like this from R on machine "L":

## set your options in your .Rprofile
options(
blpAutoConnect=TRUE,
blpHost="W",
blpPort=18194L)

library(Rblpapi) ## will establish the connection on startup if
blpAutoConnect=TRUE
is in your options

Like I mentioned, consult your in house council before running w/ this.

-Whit