[R-SIG-Finance] Blotter updatePortf function can't find historical data in non global environment

Charlie Friedemann cfriedem at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 01:22:16 CEST 2011

Greetings,

I've been working with blotter the past couple days, and one thing
I've noticed is that if one calls updatePortf on a portfolio object,
it fails:

Error in get(Symbol, envir=as.environment(.GlobalEnv)) : Object 'SPY'
not found.

I load my daily data in a separate environment using getSymbols, and
I'm wondering if there is anyway to get blotter to change which
environment it looks for historical price data in. traceback()
indicates the call to updatePortf uses the getPrice function in
quantmod and passes the .GlobalEnv to it.

I've tried adding the environment with the price data to the search
path, however that did not work.

Does anyone know a way around this issue? I'd rather not have to keep
all necessary data in the global environment if possible. Thanks!