[R-SIG-Finance] quantmod: addTA is broken?

Michael Zak zakdump at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 14:23:46 CET 2008

You're absolutely right. I gave you a wrong example.

Let's say I have OHLC data from Cotton over the last 80 days. In a
spreadsheet I got from a client the computed EMA values for cotton's
daily high. So I import the computed values (the last 80) in R like
this:

require(quantmod)
CottonSpreadsheet <- read.table(...)
CottonSpreadsheet <- last(CottonSpredsheet, 80)
OHLC <- last(Cotton, 80)
chartSeries(OHLC, type = "bars")
addTA(CottonSpeadsheet)

Now I got this error message:

Fehler in tav * 0.975 : nicht-numerisches Argument für binären Operator
Zusätzlich: Warning message:
In merge.zoo(lchob at xdata, ta, join = "left", retside = c(FALSE,  :
   Index vectors are of different classes: POSIXt POSIXt integer integer

I get the chartSeries(), but without the added addTA. I don't know why
this first line of the error message is in German. I hope you can help
me anyway.

Thank you, Michael