[R-SIG-Finance] quantmod newTA passes a matrix?

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 18:34:56 CET 2008

Hi Brian,

There are quite a few operations that take place internal to the
chartSeries plotting process.

If you mean that your function that is creating the data isn't
returning an xts object, I would say that you should do one of two
things:

1) write a wrapper that returns it as an xts object, either by
reconstructing the xts object from the data, or by trying the Reclass
function in xts.  Reclass is theory will do exactly what I think you
need, but it can't always guess correctly. Use THIS function as the
FUN argument to ?newTA.

2) using ?fix you can simply modify/fine-tune the function object you
get/have from newTA to modify the results.

If you could send your code off-list (if need be) or on list, I can help more.

Thanks,
Jeff