[R-SIG-Finance] Using quantmod chartSeries for FRED data

Josh Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 03:35:23 CET 2008

Hi Brian,

The chartSeries documentation says that it's a "charting tool to
create standard financial charts given a time series like object.
Serves as the base function for future technical analysis additions."

In other words, chartSeries is designed to chart data from stock
markets, futures markets, currency markets, etc.  Paulo's suggestion
works and you could also use the standard xts/zoo plotting
functionality.

> plot(Delt(M1))
> plot.zoo(Delt(M1))

Best,