[R-SIG-Finance] fImport problem on recent R installation

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 18:59:51 CET 2008

I am sure Yohan will tell you the exact problem, but there have been
quite a few changes internally to timeSeries, and this looks like
something that just got overlooked.

One of a few alternate approaches you can try:

library(quantmod)
getSymbols("IBM")

Will get you what you want, automatically loaded into your environment
under the symbol IBM.  getSymbols can also load other data as well:

http://www.quantmod.com/examples/intro/

HTH,
Jeff