[R] [OT] emacs / xemacs for unix without compile

Roland Rau roland.rproject at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 21:48:31 CET 2008

Hi,

Wensui Liu wrote:
> Dear All,
> Is there a emacs/xemacs for unix without compiling it? If it is
> possible, I prefer something that I can use immediately after putting
> it on the unix server.
> Is it possible or am I too stupid to ask this kind of question?
>
> Thanks for your insight!

I guess you might get more answers to your questions if you ask them on
some different forum, e.g. one of the usenet newsgroups such comp.emacs
It might be also helpful to specify what you mean by unix.
But judging by
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/Unix-history.svg having
emacs on any of these unix systems should be possible. Well, even Minix
3 says to have emacs included (http://www.minix3.org/software/).

HTH,
Roland