[R] Concatenate xyplots

eite2335 jeitel at vandals.uidaho.edu
Wed Jan 30 19:12:50 CET 2008

OK, this was a silly example.

This one should be not as silly:

## Created example dataset

data1 = matrix(1:12, nrow=4, ncol=3)

data1 = data.frame(matrix(data1, 4, 3, byrow = T))

colnames(data1) = c("y1", "y2","x")

data2 = data.frame(c(1,1,2,2))

colnames(data2) =c("z")

data = cbind(data1,data2)

load(lattice)

## Create 2 graphs with the xyplot command

graph1=  xyplot(y1~x|z, data = data)
graph2 = xyplot(y2~x|z, data = data)

## Print both graphs on the same page

print(graph1, split = c(1,1,1,2), more = T)
print(graph2, split = c(1,2,1,2), more = F)

## There is a lot of white space between both graphs in the y direction.
## Since the plots share the same x axis I was wondering if there is a way
## concatenate the plots to eliminate the white space in the y direction?