[R] drawing arrows with rgl

Kasper Peeters kasper.peeters at aei.mpg.de
Wed Jan 30 00:23:46 CET 2008

Hi,

I am looking for a package which allows me to draw arrows (cylinders
with cones on them, basically) in 3d images produced with rgl. Is such
a thing available?

I did notice the 'compositions' package, which contains
'arrow3D'. However, it relies on 'tensorA', which fails to install on
my machine with the error message copied below. If anyone can help me
fix this problem, that would do the trick too.

Best,
Kasper

----------------
trying URL 'http://www.sourcekeg.co.uk/cran/src/contrib/tensorA_0.31.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-tar' length 45248 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 44Kb

* Installing *source* package 'tensorA' ...
** libs
gcc -I/usr/lib/R/include     -fPIC  -g -O2 -c tensora.c -o tensora.o
gcc -shared  -o tensorA.so tensora.o   -L/usr/lib/R/lib -lR
** R
** preparing package for lazy loading
Error in gettext(domain, unlist(args)) : invalid 'domain' value
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'tensorA'
** Removing '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/tensorA'

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/RtmpikOKjt/downloaded_packages
Warning message:
installation of package 'tensorA' had non-zero exit status in: install.packages
"tensorA")