[R] sqldf error

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 13:23:48 CET 2008

I can't reproduce your error:

> library(sqldf)
> sqldf("select  *  from  warpbreaks  limit 6")
  breaks wool tension
1     26    A       L
2     30    A       L
3     54    A       L
4     25    A       L
5     70    A       L
6     52    A       L
> R.version.string # Vista
[1] "R version 2.6.2 alpha (2008-01-26 r44181)"

A few things to try:

1. maybe you have some other package loaded that is interfering?  The error
occurs in 'combine' but combine is not a function in sqldf nor in RSQLite, DBI
or proto -- the packages on which it depends.  Try it from a new session.  Be
sure you don't have an .Rprofile file that is loading other packages.

Rgui --vanilla
library(sqldf)
sqldf(...command...)

2. Try issuing the source statement in example 6 on the sqldf home page first
(that will get you the development version) and try that.  I doubt that will
solve it but its worth a try. http://sqldf.googlecode.com