[R] How to fill bar plot with textile rather than color

yaosheng CHEN jeffelf at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 16:08:13 CET 2008

Thank you, and also thanks to John Kane.

I did some tests last night, if you plot something like

height <- t(t(c(1,-1,1)))
bardensity <- t(t(c(10,10,0)))
barangle <- t(t(c(45,135,0)))
barplot(height, density = bardensity, angle = barangle)

You can get grids. Otherwise, only slanted lines or colors.
I thought filling with dots or grids is quite common in traditional bar chart.
But most softwares, including Matlab, SAS, Excel2k7, and gunplot, as I
know, don't have such options.
Anyway, thank you again. Let me know if you find any package which can
fill bar plot with dots