[R] Free Online: Data Mining Intro for Beginners, Vendor-Neutral, January 29, February 19

Lisa Solomon lisas at salford-systems.com
Wed Jan 23 20:16:49 CET 2008

ONLINE VENDOR NEUTRAL INTRO TO DATA MINING FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS
(no charge)

A non-technical data mining introduction for beginners
January 29, 2008, 10AM-11AM PST
February 19, 2008, 4PM-5PM PST
To register: http://salford.webex.com

This one-hour webinar is a perfect place to start if you are new to data mining and have little-to-no background in statistics or machine learning.

In one hour, we will discuss:

**Data basics: what kind of data is required for data mining and predictive analytics; In what format must the data be; what steps are necessary to prepare data appropriately

**What kinds of questions can we answer with data mining

**How data mining models work: the inputs, the outputs, and the nature of the predictive mechanism

**Evaluation criteria: how predictive models can be assessed and their value measured

**Specific background knowledge to prepare you to begin a data mining project.

To register: http://salford.webex.com

Contact me if the January 29th or February 19th dates/times are inconvenient and you wish to be put on our webinar notification list.

Sincerely,
Lisa Solomon
lisas at salford-systems.com