[R] Efficient way for multiplying vectors with a only certain number of rows in a matrix

Ralph79 ralph.statistics at gmx.net
Mon Jan 21 11:53:34 CET 2008

Thanks, Henrique!

Your approach definitely works and gives the result that I need, but the
calculations takes quite a while. As this problem itself is part of loop
(Markov Chain), I am still looking for faster and truely vectorized
solutions, maybe after a re-organisation of the data matrices?

I'd be grateful for any further suggestions!