[R] EMACS and ESS

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Tue Jan 15 05:18:06 CET 2008

Fedora Linux 8
R 2.6.1
Intel CPU

I am trying to get started with R under Linux. It has been suggested to me that I run R under EMACS. I have looked at the CRAN website, and several other places to try to find an RPM for EMACS and, if I need it for ESS. I have not succeeded in finding one. Can someone tell me where to go to get the RPMs? If anyone would have a suggestion for an editor other than EMACS to use with R, I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks,
John

John Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

Confidentiality Statement:
This email message, including any attachments, is for th...{{dropped:6}}