[R] is it safe to replace every "<-" by "=" in R code?

Nasser Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sun Jan 13 23:41:35 CET 2008

hi;

When I first started looking at R code, I thought that the <- notation for
assignment made the code less readable (and I still do).  Then I found that
now one can use "=" in place of "<-" for assignment (I understand this
started since version 1.4). Anyway, I think using "=" makes the code much
more readable.

I was wondering, would it be safe if I replace all the occurrences of "<-"
by "=" in any function of R? Or do you think this will break things?

I like to look at a pretty code, and I just can't stand looking at those
"<-" any more :)

I am using latest version of R on windoz platform.

thanks
Nasser