[R] Hmisc latex() does not want to work

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Sun Jan 13 21:56:08 CET 2008

Thank Frank,

I simply seem to have misread part of the first
example
x <- matrix(1:6, nrow=2,
dimnames=list(c('a','b'),c('c','d','enLine 2')))
## Not run:
latex(x)   # creates x.tex in working directory
w <- latex(x, file='/tmp/my.tex')
latex(x) gave an error
latex(x, file="") works fine.

--- Frank E Harrell Jr <f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu>
wrote:

> John Kane wrote:
> > Works just fine, thanks.   I'll blame the help as
> > being very slightly ambiguous.
>
>  From the help file:
>
> \section{Side Effects}{
> creates various system files and runs various
> Linux/UNIX system
> commands which are assumed to be in the system path.
> }
>
> \details{
>    If running under Windows and using MikTeX,
> \code{latex} and \code{yap}
>    must be in your system path, and \code{yap} is
> used to browse
>    \code{.dvi} files created by \code{latex}.  You
> should install the
>    \code{geometry} and \code{ctable} styles in
> MikTeX to make optimum use
>    of \code{latex()}.
>
> Frank
>

> > Of course another 2-3 minutes experimenting and I
> > should have gotten it.
> >
> > --- Gabor Grothendieck <ggrothendieck at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Try specifying the file= argument:
> >>
> >> latex(rr, file = "")
> >>
> >> On Jan 13, 2008 1:05 PM, John Kane

> >> external
> >> vector
> >> vector
> >> vector
> >> vector
> >> vector
> >> vector
> >> vector
> :

LC_COLLATE=English_Canada.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_Canada.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_Canada.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_Canada.1252