[R] RODBC, postgresql on Linux

Poizot Emmanuel poizot at cnam.fr
Thu Jan 10 15:11:56 CET 2008

Dear all,

I facing pbs using RODBC library.
I'm working on a Linux (Ubuntu Gutsy) os, with R version 2.5.1.
I've got Postgresql 8.2.5 installed with the odbc-postgresql package.
I try to connect in a R session to a  postgresql database using:

odbcConnect(dsn="thedatabasename",uid="theuser",pwf="thepasswd",case="postgresql")
I get a message error, connection failes in odbcDriverConnect(...)
I don't know where I'm wrong, as I verified the postgresql deamon is ok
and that the database I want to access is defined.

Emmanuel Poizot
Cnam/Intechmer
B.P. 324
50103 Cherbourg Cedex