[R] error message translation

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Jan 11 02:04:24 CET 2008

On 10/01/2008 7:12 PM, jpolo at mail.usf.edu wrote:
> sorry if my first msg was posted twice. this email system at school sucks.
>
> i've looked in the Admin and Main manual and the Intro manual for
> something that tells me what error messages mean, but haven't found
> anything. where can i find the meanings of the error messages?

Do you mean expansions on the terse messages, or translations from
another language?  There aren't really any expansions available: the
messages are supposed to be clear in themselves.  If you really want to
know why you got one you might be able to look it up in the source code,
but generally the best thing is to ask a few times on this list, and
then you'll pick up the style, and will generally just recognize them.

Duncan Murdoch