[R] 4 dimensional graphics

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Jan 10 17:41:32 CET 2008

Thank you

Basically I have a rectangular space (like an aquarium) in which I made
some analysis. I can make

image(lat, long, value) for each height but what I dream about is to make
something like scatterplot3d(lat, long, height) with points set according
to a value.

Up to now i can do

scatterplot3d(sloupecn, radan, vrstvan, color=as.numeric(cut(value, c(0,
100, 400, 1000))))

which will give you green and red points in upper right corner. I started
to try to make cex.symbols scaled according to value too but up to now I
did not manage to work correctly.

in

scatterplot3d(sloupecn, radan, vrstvan, cex.symbols = value/max(value)+2,
color=as.numeric(cut(value, c(0, 100, 400, 1000))))

the biggest points are at other places then I expected.

here are the data

vrstvan sloupecn        radan   value
1       4       1       73.8
1       4       9       54.9