[R] load tcltk

Alberto Monteiro albmont at centroin.com.br
Thu Jan 10 15:38:31 CET 2008

Lorenz Gabmann wrote:

> Can someone help me with the following problem?

Let me see if I can guess what are the error messages.

> Lade nötiges Paket: tcltk

Load (???) package: tcltk

>    kann shared library
> '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.6/
> Resources/library/tcltk/libs/ppc/tcltk.so' nicht laden:

Cannot load shared library (?)

> dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.6/Resources/
> library/tcltk/libs/ppc/tcltk.so, 10): Library not loaded:
> /usr/X11R6/ lib/libX11.6.dylib   Referenced from:
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.6/
Resources/library/tcltk/libs/ppc/tcltk.so
>    Reason: image not found
> Error : .onLoad in 'loadNamespace' für 'tcltk' fehlgeschlagen
> Fehler: Paket 'tcltk' konnte nicht geladen werden

Packet 'tcltk' can't be loaded (?)

My guess: check if the above mentioned libraries
exist, and check if there is some file protection.

Probably there's a problem with:
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib

Alberto Monteiro

PS: is there any way to temporarily change the error messages
from one language to another? When I get error messages
in Portuguese it's a pain to translate them precisely to
something that I can google or RSiteSearch to know what it means.