[R] problems with JAVA in JGR library on ubuntu 7.04

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jan 2 19:45:37 CET 2008

On 2 January 2008 at 18:56, Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:
| I installed JGR library both on ubuntu 7.10 and 7.04
| on 7.10 all went fine,
| but on 7.04 I recived massage:

i)  Make sure you re-run 'sudo R CMD javareconf' after each (package) upgrade
    of R and/or Java

ii) Maybe check that you have the same Java packages on both 7.4 and 7.10;
    as I recall there were reports of some Java versions not working
    -- could have been Sun's Java 5 versus Java 6 -- but I am a bit unsure
    about the versions.

Lastly, you may want to ask Debian / Ubuntu question on the r-sig-debian list
(and please subscribe before trying to post or it'll fail).

Hope this helps, Dirk