[R] guidelines for the use of the R logo

Peter Dalgaard P.Dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Jan 2 18:31:13 CET 2008

Jan Wijffels wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there are any guidelines for the use of the R logo on websites which are for commercial use? Similar to http://www.python.org/community/logos/ for Python and to http://www.postgresql.org/community/propaganda for PostgreSQL perhaps?

It has been discussed internally, but as far as I remember no official
document ever transpired. The general sentiment (still according to my
memory) was that usage is OK as long as it doesn't imply endorsement by
R Core or the R Foundation, or any other commingling with commercial
products.

R and the "chocolate pretzel" logo are not registered as trademarks, but
even if they were, then "nominative usage" (as described in the PSF
Trademark Use Policy) should not be problematic.  In cases of doubt, ask!